Thursday, August 27, 2009

Top Scallop?!

My favorite Top Chef contestant ever, once said on the show
'...this is Top Chef, not Top Scallop...'
so in honor of the new Top Chef Las Vegas premier night Mr. Byte and I decided to honor said favorite contestant with...you guessed it....scallops for the dinner viewing.
I was just IMing with an old friend - (who HAPPENS to work for Google - and i HAPPENED to mention that I can't figure out how to post my pictures in order...yeah he was no help! kidding D! :) ) and realized I never posted up the 4 pics that I took still with the same horrible camera phone. So - we're veering a bit from cupcakes here...whats that you said? that its going away from baking all together? well friend - to keep it eligible for a 'baking' post ... i whipped up a lil desert as well ;)

Enjoy!



Bay Scallops with A Garlic and Shallot infused wine reduction (aka wine sauce) over fluffy Jasmine grain bed (aka Rice)

Scallops post pan - pre-sauce with some seasoning


aaaaand....some pâte à choux
filled with chocolate pastry cream and some messy but yummy drizzles to finish it off!



2 comments:

  1. That was also my favorite contestant on Top Chef! I still laugh whenever I hear that quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe ... thanks Danielle...yes he was quite a character!

    ReplyDelete